One interesting option came from Motorola Nexus 6, which made its debut last 15 October and will compete with Apple's newly launched gadget.
It will be an interesting comparison though because Nexus 6 isn't like all the other Android smartphones out there. However, like the iPhone 6 Plus, the hardware and software were tailor-made and integrated to work together harmoniously.
One of the things that sets consumers back from buying iPhone 6 Plus is its somewhat fragile body as proven by the recent 'bendgate' controversy. While your iPhone 6 Plus might not necessarily bend, it isn't as strong as the other smartphones out there, such as the Moto X, Nexus 6 and Galaxy Note 4.
Nexus 6 was also adjudged as having the 'Best-in-Class' performance thanks to a Snapdragon 805 SoC. The ‘4K Ultra HD processor,’ is designed to enable end-to-end 4K Ultra HD mobile user experiences, including capturing and playing back 4K Ultra HD video at home and on-device, as well as more realistic gaming, and up to 55MP digital photos, along with outstanding battery life for premium smartphones and tablets.
Other advantages of Nexus 6 compared to iPhone 6 Plus include the following:
- It was first smartphone to get Android L, which means it will also probably be first in line for Android updates in the near future.
- It will be the smartphone showcasing Google's vision of Android, allowing it to offer an extremely modern and flawless user experience.
- It has excellent imaging thanks to a 13 megapixel auto-focus camera with optical image stabilization and dual-LED (ring) flash.
- The 6-inch QHD Display it featured is one of the best available and will result in some stunning visuals.
- The casing is extremely solid build quality thanks to aluminium frame and sturdy design.
- It has a sizeable 3220 mAh battery unit for all-day battery life (and maybe some more).
The Nexus 6 may have powerful processing, solid imaging capabilities, and is expected to offer the smoothest Android experience on any smartphone out there, it is still a second ot third-best option. While some might like its 6in form factor, most smartphone users others are bound to find it a handful compared to iPhone 6 Plus.